Imagine robotics, autonomous vehicles, competitions, fun and creativity – all in one place!
Featured on 9NEWS Denver, Channel 2 Denver, and the Parker Chronicle.
Don’t miss this year’s 2016 Rover Rally – an annual robotics event that inspires creativity and fun, and allows kids and adults of all ages to learn about robotics, build autonomous vehicles, and compete in three exciting events!
This is the future, and the future is now. The world of robotics is unfolding at a mind-numbing pace as children as young as 5 become programmers, mechanical engineers and critical thinkers. – Parker Chronicle
The Rally, which can be described as “The most unique and exciting technology event in Parker” will take place on August 20, 2016.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate in The Rover Rally. Not only is participation in the Rally fun for kids and an excellent way for parents to bond with their children, but the event itself is also designed to help expand the minds of children – which can positively impact their lives and possibly even their future careers!
More information about The Rover Rally:
Basic Training – Basic Training is an opportunity for children ages 9 – 14 to learn the skills necessary for programming an autonomous vehicle. The class is available on select Saturdays in May, June and August (see website for more information), and the class is three hours long. Basic Training requires that participants purchase a Rover Rally Vehicle Kit before the class begins. Students should also plan to bring a laptop computer to class.
The Technology Expo – If you and your family would like to learn more about companies, groups and organizations that are focused on the field of technology, don’t miss the Technology Expo! Entrance to the Expo is open to the public and free of charge. There will be hands-on activities, demonstrations, and many opportunities to learn about new and exciting technologies.
The Competition – The Rover Rally competition is a fun and exciting event for participants as well as spectators. The Rally consists of three events in which registered teams compete. Teams can participate in all three events.
The three competition events are: The Barrel Race, Closest to the Pin, and the Long Jump:
• Barrel Race: This event requires participating teams to program their robot to complete the course without hitting walls or strategically placed barrels. The fastest autonomous robots win!
• Closest to the Pin: This event requires participating teams to navigate their autonomous robot to complete in the course and reach the target without hitting a pin. Winners are determined by two factors: successfully completing the challenge and time (the fastest wins).
• Long Jump: This event requires participating teams to manually jump their robot as far as possible. This event is always a crowd-pleaser because it’s exciting to watch.
The entry free to participate in the 2016 Parker Rover Rally is $25 and includes:
- A spot in the pit area to work on your robot
- An entry into all three competitive events
- The opportunity to win event prizes
For additional information, connect with The Rover Rally on Facebook.