With winter temperatures and storms raging outside, the Parker Fieldhouse is the perfect way for the whole family to get in a little recreation that will raise pulses and keep you happy and healthy through these cold months. What does the Parker Fieldhouse offer to keep families fit and active throughout the winter? Camps, clinics, special events, indoor facilities, and a whole lot more.
Parker Fieldhouse Camps, Clinics, and Special Events
Throughout winter and early spring, the Parker Fieldhouse is hosting Parker Tennis Fun Days, teaching kids of all ages the basics of tennis in a fun and accessible way. Junior players are taught using the USTA QuickStart format, which downsizes the racquets and nets and utilizes safer low-compression and foam balls. With games, contests, challenges, and activities, Tennis Fun Days offer an energetic and fun introduction to tennis. The next Tennis Fun Days are March 20th and April 3rd.
Spring break camps are another great way to keep kids active while helping them learn a new sport or improve their skills. While school’s not in session, sign your kids up for basketball, fencing, lacrosse, skateboarding, soccer, or volleyball. Ranging from a day to a week and from a few hours to all day, spring break camps keep the kids occupied, healthy, and having fun. Here are the Spring Break Camps on offer from the Parker Fieldhouse:
- Nothing But Net Elite Basketball—Former Division I college player Marcus Mason helps ballers ages 6 to 15 with everything from shooting to passing, dribbling to defense.
- Fencing Spring Break Camp—This week long camp provides fencers of all experience levels with the skills and techniques they need for this highly disciplined sport.
- Brian Langtry Beginner’s LAX Camp—Former professional lacrosse player Brian Langtry will teach new players the basics.
- Vans/SkateStart Skate Camp—A full day of learning how to skate along with other activities like building a skateboard, skate collaging, safety equipment, and a treasure hunt.
- Soccer Camps—Two different soccer spring break camps are offered—one focuses on footwork and the other on the skills specific to goalies.
- 303 Volleyball—This volleyball clinic has two separate sessions divided by age group and focuses on mastering the basics.
Coming Soon to the Parker Fieldhouse
The first major renovation to the Parker Fieldhouse will be finished later this year, adding more than 30,000 square feet of new or renovated space to this great community facility. This is just a taste of what’s coming up later this year:
- Indoor zero-depth pool with a lazy river, aquatic climbing wall, therapy pool, and more,
- Half gymnasium,
- Children’s party room,
- Classrooms and childcare rooms,
- Fitness studio,
- New and renovated locker and changing rooms, and
- Larger parking lot.
The Parker Fieldhouse is a fantastic community resource that provides programs, events, classes, and facilities focused on making fitness fun and accessible for the whole family. From indoor golf to an inline rink, batting cages to a climbing wall, the Parker Fieldhouse has a little something for everyone.
Visit our Parker CO Homes for Sale page to find your perfect home in this perfect community.