If you live in Colorado, or are thinking about moving to the state, consider yourself lucky. Or… consider yourself healthy and happy! Colorado consistently ranks among the happiest, thinnest and healthiest states in America. According to an article on Today.com, The Happiest, Healthiest State in the US is…, Colorado ranks fourth in terms of the happiest and healthiest residents – – behind Hawaii, Alaska and Montana. The article states, “Besides Hawaii, Colorado is the only other state to finish in the top 10 in all eight years of the index’s rankings.”
The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index confirms that Colorado is one of the top healthiest states for well-being and happiness. The article says, “If you live in Florida, California, Colorado or Texas, you’re living in a state that has several communities that rank very highly in overall well-being according to a new report from the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.”
If you are looking to move to one of America’s healthiest states, Castle Rock and Parker are both excellent places to live in Colorado. These towns offer an abundance of easy and convenient places for recreation and exercise. Health food stores and farmers markets are also plentiful. Organic produce and meats are readily available. It would be difficult for the healthiest states in America to maintain their title without offering the healthy amenities that residents demand!
Here’s what you can find in and around Castle Rock and Parker:
Places to get healthy:
- Castle Rock Rec Center – With fitness classes, nutrition coaches, personal trainers, a large pool, and may other amenities, this rec center is an optimal place to enjoy a workout and/or partake in many recreational activities.
- Castle Rock Parks and Recreation – The parks and recreation department manages close to 75 miles of outdoor walking and hiking trails, 20 parks, and close to 6,000 acres of open space.
- Parker Rec Center – The rec center was recently expanded and renovated, and now includes more than 30,000 square feet of recreation space that offers fitness studios, a lap swimming pool, weightlifting equipment, a cycling studio, and much more.
- Parker Parks and Recreation – The parks and recreation department oversees many parks and trails, as well as close to 1,200 acres of open space.
Places to Find Vitamins, Supplements, Healthy, Organic and Gluten Free Food
- Natural Grocers – 4510 Trail Boss Drive, Castle Rock, CO 80104
- Natural Grocers – 14402 S. Parker Road, Parker, CO 80134
- Sprouts Market – 5650 Allen Way, Castle Rock, CO 80108
- GNC (General Nutrition Centers) – 62 Founders Parkway, Castle Rock, CO 80104
Nearby Seasonal Farmer’s Markets:
- Castle Rock Farmers Market – Location: 3rd Street & Elbert Street – Castle Rock, CO – Open: July – October from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm on Saturdays
- Highlands Ranch Farmers Market – Location: Highlands Ranch Town Center – 9288 Dorchester St., Highlands, Ranch – Open: May 8 – October 30 from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm (or sellout) on Sundays
- Parker Farmers Market – Location: Mainstreet (street is closed to traffic during farmers market hours) – Open: Mother’s Day through Labor Day from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm on Sundays