End the summer with a sizzle at Parker’s Smokin’ Brew BBQ this Labor Day Weekend. Sample mouth-watering meats fresh off the grill from over 50 teams competing to bring you the most delicious BBQ of the season. The town of Parker and the Cherry Creek Valley Rotary Club of Parker invite the whole family for a three-day weekend of fun, cold beer, and fall-off-the-bone BBQ.
Smokin Brew BBQ: Parker’s Labor Day Weekend Festival
This Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS)-sanctioned and Rocky Mountain Barbecue Association Cup event will fire up the best kind of competition—a fight to craft the best, finger-licking-good BBQ for the whole town of Parker to enjoy. Try to sample a bit of everything on offer at the Smokin’ Brew BBQ from pulled pork to brisket, ribs and sausage to chicken of every seasoning, sauce, and flavor—we dare you not to love them all!
The weekend kicks off on Friday at 5 p.m. with Happy Hour and a rollicking performance from Syke 96, the winner of Arvada’s Jam Out Hunger Battle of the Bands. The eclectic musical line-up for the weekend has a little something for everybody and includes:
- the Indulgers,
- Blinker Fluid,
- the Catfish Kray Blues Band,
- Lewis and Floorwax Groove Hawgs,
- Virette, and
- the Black Jack Canyon Band.
With kid-friendly food vendors and a bounce house for the kids and endless cold brews for the adults, the Smokin’ Brew BBQ Festival is a great way to leave summer behind with a bang and start the new school year right. Don’t miss last call at 9:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. on Sunday) before the festival closes for the night at 10 p.m. (7 p.m. on Sunday). Be sure to stay for the BBQ Awards Ceremony at 5 p.m. on Sunday to cheer on your favorite meat.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the Cherry Creek Valley Rotary Club of Parker, who support education, health, and social causes nationally and around the world. Some of its most recent projects include:
- Awarding a grant to Project Sanctuary, which provides free therapeutic mountain vacations to military families,
- Organizing Trick or Treat on Mainstreet for over 6,000 kids,
- Sponsoring a 9/11 breakfast for local firefighters and police officers,
- Donating a bench to the PACE center,
- Purchasing dictionaries for every third grader in local elementary schools,
- Building homes for disabled veterans,
- Collecting supplies for countries devastated by natural disasters, and
- Funding a clean water project in Africa.
Admission to the Smokin Brew is FREE and food, beer, and wine tickets will be on sale for $1 per ticket. This is a cash-only event, and an ATM will be available on site. The Smokin’ Brew BBQ will take place Labor Day Weekend from Friday, September 4th to Sunday, September 6th at the Parker Station Parking Lot in Downtown Parker, Colorado at the intersection of Mainstreet and Pikes Peak.